Saturday, March 7, 2009

Salsa & Small Group

Our church has what they call "small groups" and Barry & I belong to one that has six other people in it. We meet on Saturday nights for fellowship and discuss the "Give Me More" questions the pastors put out each week for further discussion on last week's topic at church and of course we eat. :) The couple who has it at their home usually makes a big pot of soup or stew or pasta and the rest of us bring whatever we want to go with it. We have only been going for about six months but I absolutely LOVE it! It is so good to spend time with fellow believers and share your lives and study the Word together. We also are an "action group" which means we get out and help people in the community when we can. Working food trucks, gifts at Christmas, wherever we find a need we can fill. Anyway, I made some homemade salsa to take tonight and I made a huge pot so I would have some for the freezer but if I don't stay out of the kitchen I just may eat it all! ::laughing::


Some exciting news (well exciting to me anyway ahahaha) I have started another blog about saving money in the kitchen and good old-fashioned cooking. I don't have a link out to it yet because there isn't really anything there but the shell yet. It is just one of my passions and I would like to share it with others. If I see one more web site that says "Feed a Family of Four for $10" I am going to scream! I would HOPE you could make a meal for four people for half of that or LESS! You know they don't have a clue when they start out with "take one pound of ground sirloin........" ::laughing:: Anyway, that is a work in progress at the moment. That and my eHow articles -- I have made about .60 cents so far so I don't think I will be getting rich, but what the heck it is kind of fun and you just never know.

See, here I go again, getting myself all kinds of busy and forgetting to PLAN time into my day for God. Left to my own devices sometimes I forget, I don't mean I forget totally, I talk to Him all the time. I find it the easiest way to pray and stay in touch with Him. I know my kids think I am a little wacky at times, not that they were here this morning, but for instance when I was making the salsa......... there were several comments I made to Him like "Why did you make jalapeno peppers so hot, if I'm not careful I am going to get the oil in my eye again, watch over me please." and when I dropped the knife and it MISSED hitting my foot point down I thanked Him for that. That type of thing... it is just a running conversation (though I am sure He is listening it is pretty much one-way), sometimes out loud and sometimes in my head. I know He wants to be involved in ALL we do. Anyway, what I started to say -- there I go with the rambling off track again -- is that though I talk to Him constantly I really need to make time to just spend in his presence and read His Word. I have tried mornings, but I am not sure even HE likes me in the morning! ::laughing:: Then I tried evening but sometimes the kids would come over, etc. Maybe if I shoot for mid-afternoon it will work better, or maybe I just need to be sure and DO it and not necessarily TRY and have a specific time.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that once you are saved you don't have to put forth any effort. That's like getting married and never taking a shower again. ~~Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband and I were high school sweethearts and have been married since 1977. We have both been Christians for years but it is only the last 4-5 years that we have been walking the walk as well as talking the talk and following Jesus. It used to be about relgion and now it is about relationships.