Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy Day

Today was a tiring day so this will be short. It was the end of the half semester so theoretically I am on break, but what that really means is I spent all day grading final exams and preparing for the new half of a semester which starts next week. :) Grading tests is right on par with emptying the dishwasher (which if you lived with me you would know it is my "most hatiest" job -- Yes hatiest is a superlative of hate...... at least when it comes to the dishwasher -- and most hatiest really describes my dislike of the chore. Ah well, I won't have to do it again for 8 weeks -- grade exams that is, not empty the dishwasher, that will need done tomorrow. I am just trying to remember to count my blessings, like the fact I HAVE a job (part-time) and the fact I have food to get the dishes I am fortunate to own dirty. Have you ever noticed how hard that is to do sometimes? It can be so easy to see the negative aspects of something and so hard to see the postive ones.

Tomorrow I need to write a couple of articles for eHow, but not until I scrub the kitchen from top to bottom. It is time to get down on my hands and knees and clean the floor the old fashioned way, with elbow grease. I love my Swiffer, don't get me wrong -- but it just doesn't do it the way it needs done every now and then, at eye level -- so I can get in all the nooks and crannies. And if I manage to get all that done I am going to reward myself with a few Pogo games -- the new badges came out today and I have two out of three of them (I will cop to hubby helping out with one, the pool is so many angles it reminds me of math and math is a four letter word). I would also like to take some time to read the blogs of other people, it is so interesting to see where different people are coming from (and I don't mean location).

G'Night and God Bless

And with that said I need to remember -- Help me to spend more time with You Lord. Let me not be distracted by worldly chores and to remember that spending time with you should be my #1 priority each and every day. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband and I were high school sweethearts and have been married since 1977. We have both been Christians for years but it is only the last 4-5 years that we have been walking the walk as well as talking the talk and following Jesus. It used to be about relgion and now it is about relationships.