Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It Has Been Awhile

Time sure flies -- I realized that when I saw my last post mentioned my second half of the semester's classes were starting and they take their final exam tomorrow! After that I will be off until the end of August. The good part about that is that I will have tons of time and the weather will be right to get this house in shape, the bad part is that they don't PAY me when I am off either. :)

My youngest son and I are going to put in a garden this year. Mind you he is 24 and has his own house, but he doesn't have the yard space. So, we are doing one here and sharing the work and the spoils of our labor also. He has already started some bell peppers, jalapenos, pumpkins, shallots and onions from seed and I bought some herbs that were buy one get one free at Home Depot. Things are tight all the way around so there is no sense in me not trying to save a little money with a garden. I keep telling everyone right now I have more time than money! That is why I have been baking my own bread too, it is definitely cheaper and it sure is tastier too!

What I need to do once the finals are taken and the grades are in is develop a new routine for myself. When left to my own devices I tend to be less productive than when I am following a schedule of some sort. I need to set aside specific times to fellowship with God, de-junk my house, work in the yard/garden and work on my writing for eHow and my new food blog. I suppose I should squeeze in just a LITTLE time for Pogo games too. ;)

I am reading a new book "I Became a Christian and all I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt" by Vincent Antonucci. He is a pastor in Virginia Beach and will be speaking at church this coming Sunday. I am over half way through the book already, it is very funny and a quick read. Our small group will be studying the book this month also. I would like to get it done before we hear him speak on Sunday. I think I stand a pretty good chance of getting it done...... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband and I were high school sweethearts and have been married since 1977. We have both been Christians for years but it is only the last 4-5 years that we have been walking the walk as well as talking the talk and following Jesus. It used to be about relgion and now it is about relationships.