Friday, March 6, 2009

How To Plant Your Garden

Credit to I don't know who, but not me. :)

How to Plant Your Garden of Daily Living



First you come into the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses --


Plant three rows of peas
  • Peace of Mind
  • Peace of Heart
  • Peace of Soul
Plant four rows of squash

  • Squash gossip
  • Squash indifference
  • Squash grumbling
  • Squash selfishness
Plant four rows of lettuce
  • Lettuce be kind
  • Lettuce be faithful
  • Lettuce be patient
  • Lettuce really love one another
No garden is without turnips
  • Turnip for meetings
  • Turnip for service
  • Turnip to help one another
A row of glads

  • Glad to live in a free country
  • Glad to have all my good friends
  • Glad to be able to worship God
  • Glad to have my great family
And last, but not least, a row of thyme

  • Thyme for God
  • Thyme for Family
  • Thyme for Friends
  • Thyme for those in need
Water freely with patience and cultivate with love. There is much fruit in your garden because you reap what you sow.



Boy, I wish I could do all those consistently. Somedays I feel like I still have such a long way to go on my walk with Jesus. I try really hard (though not always successfully) to sow those things in my daily life. We need to remember that we are the only Jesus some will every see. Of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the other ninety-nine will read the Christian. ~~ Dwight L. Moody Wow! What a responsibility!

Makes you realize that if you are going to wear a cross, or an "I love Jesus" t-shirt or sport a "My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter" bumper sticker, you better not be snapping at the clerk at the store, being rude or cutting off people in traffic because you aren't just reflecting on yourself then, you are representing Christians as a whole and people are looking at you and thinking "If that is how a Christian acts I don't want anything to do with it."

Better that we do things that make people "want some of what we have". Things like letting somebody else have the close parking space, sharing a smile and a God Bless You and showing the peace that only God can bring to your life by our actions. It reminds me of Christmas--our Pastor told us when we went through line at the store with our purchases, we should pick up a bag of M & Ms or some small thing and after we had paid for it to hand that item to the checkout person and thank them for putting up with all the crabby people at Christmas. Those kind of acts show how a Christian should act, just small acts of kindness.



Okay enough rambling for now! We are just having "Smorgas Borgas" for dinner. It is what my kids used to call a Smorgasboard ... all it really means is I am pulling all the leftovers out of the fridge and setting them on the counter and everyone can grab what they want and throw it in the microwave! Sooner you get in line the more choices you have! That is actually another frugal tip....... Don't waste food! Eat it! :)

God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. I love the garden...what a wonderful way for me to learn to do those even I have a long way to go to be like Christ want me to be...I am glad my daughter have found your blog and told in her blog that she found another one (your) that inspire her. You inspire me too...I put you down for me to follow...it is nice to read other who want to share God with others...I hope you don't mind that I copy the how to plant the garden...it is a wonderful way to do it and ask the Lord to help me in those rows of vegetable as you have lists...thanks for sharing this...
    Pammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have said before I am not so sure I am inspiring, rather I am struggling to follow Jesus more closely and live my life as I should.I think connecting with other Christians, online and in real life is an important part for me at least, in staying on track. Whether it is books, tv, movies, radio or friends I truly believe if you put garbage INTO your life you will get garbage OUT of your life! :)

    The garden thing was not mine, so copy away. I received it in an email and I couldn't find an author to credit. But enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you keep saying you don't think your an inspiration to others. Now you say it's because you still struggle with your walk. But the thing you may not realize is, those who struggle and continue to keep God in their lives, are the ones who are an inspiration to others that are struggling. At least to me anyways. Remember that God can work through any one! From the homeless person on the street to the person behind the pulpit every weekend. When HE has a message to share it gets shared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement. I will just keep "doing what I do" whether it is inspiration, rambling or a little bit of both. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My husband and I were high school sweethearts and have been married since 1977. We have both been Christians for years but it is only the last 4-5 years that we have been walking the walk as well as talking the talk and following Jesus. It used to be about relgion and now it is about relationships.